A. All games will be played under High School rules.
B. Exceptions and clarifications to High School rules
10 ft Hoops, 3-5th grade divisions 28.5 in ball, 6th-12th grade divisons 29.5 in ball. 8 ft hoops and 27.5 in ball for K-2nd grade.
1. 4th Gold-8th gold divisions there will be two - 18 minute half’s – running clock until the last minute of the first half and the last 2 minutes of the second half. Clock stops on all time outs.
2. 4th grade division there will be two - 18 minute half’s – running clock until the last minute of the first half and the last 2 minutes of the second half. Clock stops on all time outs.
3. K-3rd grade divisions there will be two - 16 minute half’s – running clock until the last minute of the first half and the last 2 minutes of the second half. Clock stop on all time outs.
4. One-and-One on the 7th team foul. Two shots on the 10th team foul.
5. Two Time-Outs per half, they don’t carry over and one additional time-out in overtime.
6. Each player is allowed six personal fouls.
7. Overtime is 2 minutes long. 2nd overtime is first team to score 3 points.
8. Only the head coach may stand and is restricted to an area covering the length of the bench from the first to last seat. All assistant coaches and bench players must remain seated except
during time outs and between periods.
9. Head coach, not an assistant, may request a time out, but the time out is granted only when a referee acknowledges the request.
10. During free throws, players cannot enter the free throw lane/circle until ball hits the rim.
Exception: for K-4th divisions, the free throw shooter must start behind free throw line and can “drift” over the foul line, but cannot rush down the lane for rebound.
11. Teams may begin the game with four players, but the opponent can still play with five.
Teams with less than 4 players will forfeit the game.
II. Game Management Notes
A. Referees will use abbreviated mechanics to keep the game moving.
B. Substitutes will be beckoned into the game by referees. Substitutes will report to scorer’s table or a designated spot at half-court.
C. Taunting, profanity and “trash” talking will not be tolerated. Referees are not required to warn a player or coach before assessing a technical foul.
D. Fighting (includes pushing, kicking, etc.) is an automatic ejection and 1 game suspension. Second ejection for fighting is an automatic suspension from the league. (No refunds)
E. Pressing and other defensive restrictions.
1. All K–3rd grade divisions: No Zone Defense and No pressing until last 2 minutes of the game. 4-8th Grade any defense.
2. All 4-8th grade divisions: No pressing by a team with a lead of 20 points or more.
F. Half-Time: All grade levels have a four minute half-time.
G. All players must wear team color shirts with numbers on the back. Any color shorts may be worn. Shirts must be tucked in and short must be pulled up to the waist.
H. Gym supervisors will mediate all situations outside the authority of the game referees.
III. Coach’s Responsibilities
A. Coaches must supervise their team members before, during and after the game.
B. Coaches should supply basic first aid supplies, towels, ice, etc.
C. Coaches are to bring basketballs for warm-ups and games.
F. Coaches are to complete the score sheet with names and jersey numbers at the Score table prior to the game.
G. Please clean up your bench area during and after the game.
H. Remind parents (spectators) to supervise all children while in the gym area.